Irish Lights are hiring! 📢🌊
Commissioners of Irish Lights are welcoming applications for the role of Director of Coastal Operations (1 vacancy)
Reporting to the Chief Executive, Irish Lights wishes to appoint a Director who will lead their coastal operations and implement their comprehensive strategic objectives for this area. They will build on the significant work that has taken place under the Irish Lights Strategy 2018 - 2023, as well as being specifically responsible for:
- Reliable and efficient operation of all coastal aids to navigation assets, standardisation / simplification of systems and adoption of new technologies
- Overseeing the engineering design team, environmental compliance and consenting and delivery of capital projects including third party contract management
- Strategic management and the wider development and promotion of value from all Irish Lights assets (including the property and heritage portfolio), in addition to working with commercial, tourism, and community stakeholders
- Development and implementation of appropriate asset management and quality systems
- Safety Management throughout Irish Lights
- Articulating and driving the organisation’s sustainability strategy
- Building sustainability principles into short and long-range business planning, capital planning, commercial and operational planning
- Overseeing the support & planning functions including helicopter operations, and buoy production and maintenance facility
- Working with key stakeholders in the maritime sector including: ports, harbours, Local Authorities, government departments and agencies, non-governmental organisations and local communities.
The ideal candidate will be professionally qualified as an engineer, with at least 7 years’ experience at a senior level in either an engineering management, business development, project management or other technical maritime role. Possessing significant senior management experience, either directly or indirectly, with public and regulatory bodies, they will be an ambitious, resourceful and innovative leader, with exceptional foresight. Working closely with the Chief Executive and colleagues across the organisation they will be able to clearly articulate the vision, values and ethos, set by the Board, to deliver on the coastal operations strategic objectives, in line with the broader Irish Lights strategy. They will possess:
- A demonstrable track record of strategic leadership, allied to strong operational capability
- Significant senior management experience in leading large, multi-disciplinary and diverse teams
- Management expertise in a dynamic and complex environment involving a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of relevant Irish, Northern Ireland/UK and EU policy and environmental and heritage planning regulations
- A strong analytical capability with a high aptitude for understanding systems, gathering data and leading research and development / innovation initiatives
- A track record of achievement in project management and process innovation, with a strong focus on health and safety
- Credibility and confidence in decision-making and influencing key stakeholders.
The Commissioners of Irish Lights is an equal opportunities employer
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the continued development of Irish Lights. For a confidential discussion about the role please contact Ellen Roche, PwC, Dublin, Ireland at +353 87 637 0812 To make a submission, please send your CV and a personal statement outlining your fit for the role on or before 27 November 2022, to the following email address: email@example.com
For more information, please click here.