Wood are hiring! 📢🌊
Wood Galway are currently seeking to recruit a Power Cable Mechanical Engineer into their growing Galway Office, who are part of their Specialist Engineering & Consultancy division.
The role is based in their Galway office; however, they recognise the value of remote and hybrid working so are open to applications from candidates from outside of this area.
Join a culture of innovation, pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for their clients.
The Power Cable Analysis Mechanical Engineer role involves performing global dynamic analysis and local cross-section analysis to determine dynamic cable configurations for floating wind and Cable Protection System design requirements for fixed wind.
Wood are looking for someone who has great IT skills, and a diligent approach to Health and Safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to develop their career within a progressive and successful business.
- Dynamic cable configuration designs for floating wind projects
- Dynamic analysis of cables for fixed bottom wind farms supporting 3rd Party Verification scopes
- Technical Due Diligence for offshore cable projects
- Subsea cable layouts, routing and installation assessment
- Coupled mooring, hull and dynamic cable analysis
- Local FEA analysis of substructures within an offshore wind farm
- Supporting other teams within Wood Galway for FE analysis
- Review and Preparation of various design reports, specifications and drawings
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience with dynamic analysis software (Flexcom/Orcaflex) modelling and analysing power cables, flexible risers or umbilicals
- Experience with local analysis software such as Abaqus will be beneficial
- Strong inter-personal, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and develop technical and engineering expertise
- Good technical report writing, excel and communication skills
- Understanding of the fundamentals of physics and mathematics in engineering applications