Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM) are hiring! 📢🌊
BIM are currently recruiting for the role of Director of Economic and Strategic Services.
Economic and Strategic Services Director
Location: Based at one of the BIM offices: BIM (Bord Iascaigh Mhara) Head Office, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin; BIM Killybegs Office, Killybegs Fisheries Harbour Centre, The Pier, Killybegs, Co. Donegal; BIM Galway, New Dock, Galway, or BIM’s Seafood Innovation Hub, Clonakilty, Co. Cork. (With a requirement to attend our Head Office as required).
Contract Type: Permanent
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the ESSU Director (PO level) is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and will lead the ESSU business unit to develop deep expertise in global seafood economic data collection, assessment, and analysis to provide valuable commercial guidance to DAFM and the sector. The ESSU Director will maintain strong working relationships with the Senior Leadership Team, the BIM Board, DAFM and other relevant Government Departments, industry, key agencies, the European Commission, European Parliament, Council and other international bodies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the marine or a food related sector.
- A level 8 or higher postgraduate degree or equivalent professional qualification in economics, science, data analytics or relevant scientific or numerical discipline.
- A strong knowledge of the seafood sector.
- Experience of working in or closely with the public sector at senior management level.
- A successful track record developing and delivering comprehensive strategies and complex high value projects.
- Experience advising on policy development.
- The ability to lead and manage the capability of the ESSU business unit.
- A track record of leading and developing a team of high performing individuals.
- Ability to ensure full compliance with corporate governance, Board policy and European legislation.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic leader with significant career achievements that demonstrate the successful delivery of business initiatives across a diverse stakeholder group.
How to apply: To make an application for this role, please send a comprehensive curriculum vitae and a personal statement outlining how your experience represents a fit for the role to email@example.com. For further information, please contact: PwC Executive Search Pauline McAlester, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +353 87 9138474.
Deadline for applications: 5:00pm on Monday, 4th March 2024
Salary: PO Level
You can view the full job description here.