Atlantic Technological University are hiring! 📢🌊
The Marine and Freshwater Research Centre (MFRC) at ATU Galway City are currently recruiting for the role of Post Doctoral Scientist as part of their U-AVES: Uncrewed Aerial Vehicles for Ecological Surveys project.
Funded by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI), U-AVES is a partnership between ATU, BlueWise Marine, A-techSYN, and Energia Renewables. The project aims to investigate the use of a long endurance fixed wind VTOL UAV to conduct large scale offshore ecological surveys.
The Post Doctoral Scientist will be a key member of the project team and work with Dr. Simon Berrow and Dr. Ian O'Connor in ATU as well as personnel based with the project partners.
As part of the project team, the Post Doctoral Scientist will work across several work packages with specific roles in relation to:
- Survey design for uncrewed and crewed digital aerial surveys
- Processing of survey data to include comparative analysis of species identification, distribution, abundance.
- Identification of additional features/variables of interst
- Cost benefit analysis
- Stakeholde Engagement, Reporting and Dissemination
- Preparation and submission of publications as lead author.
- PhD in Seabird Ecology/Marine Mammal Ecology/ or related discipline
- exceptionally, equivalent* research experience
*EU defines PhD equivalent as 4 years fulltime research after primary degree
€42,783.00 (Post-Doctoral Researcher Point 1, IUA Scale) with Annual Increment Plus 20% Pension Contribution.
Please apply via the ATU.ie jobs portal by clicking here before the closing date of 12 noon on Monday 4th December 2023.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any assistance.