Ayesa – UK and Ireland are hiring! 📢🌊
Ayesa Ireland are currently recruiting for the role of Senior Project Engineer to join their Marine division in Cork.
- Works independently, calling on experts as required, to deliver designs for our clients
- Develops and supports junior engineers
- Ensures all marine designs are in accordance with set standards and all recommendations are robust, value-based and commissionable
- Ensures that designs are delivered on time to our clients and that the design fulfils the client’s brief
- Inspects structures and construction work and ensures that all aspects of design are correctly implemented
- Monitors processes and results and ensures that they comply with relevant safety, legal, ethical and regulatory requirements
- Ability to make appropriate judgements and decisions and exercise initiative
- Ability to prepare tender documentation
- Management of all work in compliance with ByrneLooby’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Has experience in the design and inspection of structures
- Has an understanding of port and harbour operations
- Has an understanding of marine environmental issues and constraints
- Has a willingness and ability to contribute to business development and the growth of the business.
- Experienced & confident with report writing and presentation skills
Skills and knowledge
- 3-6 years of industry experience
- Master’s in civil engineering or similar with experience in the field of civil engineering
- Chartered or near chartered with the ICE or equivalent.
- Has proven technical knowledge of specific subject areas and proven ability to use relevant software
- Can communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and outside agencies and build effective working relationships and willingness to exceed client expectations
- Adheres to all Codes of Practice, Design Standards and Health and Safety Regulations
- Represent and promote ByrneLooby in a professional manner and develop effective working relationships with clients and potential clients
- Is committed to Continued Professional Development and that of others
- Sound working knowledge of BS 6349, Eurocodes and related marine guidance.
To apply for this role, please click here.