Shannon Foynes Port Company are hiring! 📢🌊
SFPC are currently recruiting for the following 2 vacancies:
🔸 Port Services Operative
🔹 Business Development Executive
(Annual Hours [Permanent], Ted Russell Docks)
The position is full-time with an annualised hours work pattern to meet the demands of the business. The weekly roster will include daytime, evening, night and weekend work, as well as out-of-hours on-call. This roster can be changed to meet the demands of the business.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Running ships lines
- General cleaning duties, including port machinery, buildings, and the overall port estate
- General maintenance duties as required including providing assistance to the engineering staff and third-party contractors as required
- Operation of port equipment – vehicles, plant and marine craft as required throughout the company’s facilities
- Delivery of all port services functions i.e., preparation of jetties and associated equipment, running of lines, attending vessels, waste collection, providing water, cargo handling, security, Tidal Lock gate duties, weighbridge, VTS etc.
- Maintaining port plant, equipment and assets, operational and EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) records and reports as required, including using the company’s computerised Maintenance Management System
- Participating in Emergency response activities Requirements:
- Due to the nature of the work pattern candidates must live a maximum of 20 minutes driving time from Foynes.
- Physical ability to undertake tasks such as the running of ships lines.
- Availability to work out of hours on a Scheduled Roster basis.
- Current valid (Minimum Category B) EU Driving Licence and the ability to work as part of a small diverse team are essential.
- Apprenticeship in a relevant trade; experience in the operation/maintenance of heavy plant; experience of operating marine craft or with marine activities are all desirable but are not essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Fund / Life Assurance
- Company Mobile Phone
- Health Screening
- Discretionary Sick Pay Scheme
- On Site Parking
The successful candidate will be required to be flexible in the range of duties to be performed.
To read a full job description, please click here.
Applications including a full CV must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by Friday 24th of November 2023.
Canvassing will disqualify.
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Development, the Business Development Executive is a new role tasked with developing and managing the existing and future customer base for all ports under the remit of the company. The role requires an individual with the desire and ability to network nationally and internationally, and in doing so identify potential opportunities for the Shannon Estuary which they will develop in conjunction with the Business Manager and team. This is a role which requires well-developed business development and customer relationship management skills. Sector-specific experience is not essential.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Maintain the CRM System for the company.
- Populate, develop, manage and adapt the system so that it becomes the focal point for all customer engagement and business development.
- Maintain historical and current key customer data including and not limited to existing contractual agreements and pricing.
- Develop communication norms and a process to ensure optimal engagement by client.
- Provide a closed loop feedback process to manage the customer communications and engagement.
- Relationship Management
- In conjunction with the Head of Business Development, develop a process that will engage, secure and strengthen direct relationships with existing and new customers by line of business
- Meet, define and understand each customers requirement. Ensure that their needs are being met and where appropriate document, resolve and/or escalate issues that are having a negative impact.
- Ensure that each customer has a full understanding of the company’s abilities and capabilities and identify any and all potential opportunities where the company can help develop existing or new business.
- Develop and implement an improved process to understand and manage existing customer requirements.
- Develop an improved customer quotation management process to ensure that all key departments are aware and in lock step with each proposal.
- The role will require supporting and increasing the recognition of the brand in the local community/region and business environment within the country
- Maintain online and social media and ensure the content is relevant and effective.
- With the Head of Business Development to develop, evaluate and manage existing and new marketing programs to support brand development including any and all paid subscriptions.
- Attend conferences and events and represent the company as required at national and international level.
- Develop reporting metrics and KPI’s that represent the brand development program.
Working very closely with the Head of Business Development this role will require:
- A person who is goal driven and eager to develop and succeed
- Proven networking, communication and presentation skills
- Can demonstrate empathy while retaining a position
- Experienced in negotiations
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with an organisation and foster relationships
- Comfortable with significant amounts of national travel and some international travel
- Proven track record of success in business development
- Ideally, but not essentially, past experience in trade, logistics or the shipping industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ideally Degree level qualification in Marketing/Business
To read a full job description, please click here.
Canvassing will disqualify. Requests for information on the progress of an application must be made only by the applicant directly to Maria Gilsenan.
For further information on Shannon Foynes Port Company see our website www.sfpc.ie
Shannon Foynes Port Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer