What is BlueInvest Readiness Assistance?
BlueInvest Readiness Assistance is an exclusive coaching programme for high potential EU start-ups and SMEs with innovative and sustainable products and solutions for the Blue Economy.
Businesses and projects selected for Investment Readiness Assistance will receive coaching packages tailored specifically to their readiness levels and business objectives. The programme is impact-driven, with a clear focus on providing business support to help startups and SMEs build capacities for growth and attract investment.
Interested? Apply now by registering to the BlueInvest Community and completing the dedicated Readiness Assistance application form. The current application deadline is the 15th of December 2023. For any questions, reach out to us at email@example.com
- EU headquartered company
- You cannot be a previous Readiness Assistance Beneficiary
How it works
During the first edition of the BlueInvest initiative, 202 businesses received investment readiness assistance tailored to their business objectives.
For the second edition of the BlueInvest, 100 companies will be selected to benefit from the Readiness Assistance programme. Participants to the programme will:
- Receive feedback on their investment readiness level and a set of recommended coaching packages based on their needs analysis.
- Be matched with a dedicated business coach.
- Receive targeted assistance from their business coach, who will provide one-to-one coaching sessions over a 3-month period, both in-person as well as digitally.
Available Assistance Packages
AP #1: Pre-assistance discovery workshop
- Get to know your coach, discuss the assessment results and receive a first diagnostic of your company’s business dimensions
- Fine-tune coaching needs and receive a tailored coaching plan with an emphasis on measurable objectives
AP #2: Sustainability business case for investors
- Be equipped with knowledge and tools to showcase the positive environmental impact of your solutions, products and technologies to investors in a credible way
- Convey the environmental benefits of the solution to investors in a credible and quantifiable manner
- Key value proposition for investors - development of a sustainability business case for impact investors
AP #3: Corporate strategy
- Refine your company's strategy, vision, and mission
- Challenge your value proposition and define your Unique Selling Point
- Verify your business model and finetune your company's goals and KPIs
AP #4: Operational excellence
- Verify your company’s value chain from sourcing, to production and distribution
- Identify and receive support to develop strategic commercial partnerships
- Assess your current team structure and skillset
AP #5: Market readiness, product & innovation
- Refine and validate your product fit versus the market needs
- Review the product’s business model
- Identify and target reference customers
- Receive technical and IP mentorship, if applicable
- Mainly for early-stage start-ups
AP #6: Marketing & growth strategy
- Refine the communication strategy of your company’s value proposition
- Analyse key marketing and sales channels
- Reinforce your lead generation strategy and market segmentation
- Receive guidance for the identification of potential clients, partners and resellers
- Obtain an overview of your sales cycle
- Challenge the user experience journey
- Master client feedback
AP #7: Improving investment readiness and reaching bankability
- Essentials of business case with a focus on profitability and revenue-generation potential
- Challenge key financial indicators for investors’ due diligence (e.g. cash-flows, NPV, ROI, IRR)
- Develop and finetune your business plan
- Review and align your financial strategy with your market plan
- Identify your company’s financing needs
AP #8: Access to finance
- Define your fundraising strategy (equity, debt)
- Identify a list of potential investors and other financing sources
- Review guidelines for the development of documentation for investors
- Define your approach for short-listing of key leads, meeting preparation and deal analysis
- Receive support for negotiations and pitch presentation
AP #9: Pitch doctor
- Develop your pitching presentation
- Communicate with impact: rehearsals and live feedback.
- Physical and virtual pitching preparation
AP #10: Path to Net Zero
- Verify your company's carbon footprint and outline the action plan for emissions reduction
- Develop an action plan following the measurement of GHG emissions via a calculator: a net zero roadmap outlining next steps to reduce your company's carbon footprint by 2030
- Improve efficiency at the level of your company's premises, logistics and travel
- Revise your production cycle and supply chain