An Bord Pleanála – Planning Inspector (1 vacancy)
An Bord Pleanála are hiring! 📢🌊
An Bord Pleanála are currently seeking applications for the role of Planning Inspector.
Title of Position: Planning Inspector
Nature of Post: Permanent, full-time, office-based position
Location: 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01 V902
Purpose of the Role
A Planning Inspector (PI) is a member of the Planning Operations Division. A PI is required to make quality, timely planning assessments and recommendations on a variety of case work.
- Carry out site inspections and provide reports and recommendations to the Board on all assigned cases. Planning Inspector
- All reports should be carried out in a professional and timely manner meeting targets and deadlines which have been set to ensure compliance within the statutory objective period (SOP).
- Manage and conduct oral hearings and meetings in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be available for consultation with the Director of Planning, Assistant Directors of Planning, Senior Planning Inspectors and Administrative staff on a daily basis.
- Prepare and present files to the Board when/if required in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Attend area team meetings, general Planning Operations Divisional Meetings and training events.
Continual Improvement of Organisation
- Partake in internal and external working groups/committees as required.
- Contribute to developing and implementing in-house CPD/training initiatives.
- Contribute to the ongoing Plean-IT project and other initiatives to support public sector reform and continuous improvement.
For full details on the job role, please click here to view the Information Booklet
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10 March 2023 at 3.00pm
Please click here to download the Application Form